J Brand sheer tank and leather skirt (similar here), For Love and Lemons Love you Knot bralette, Rebecca Minkoff satchel, Quay Eyewear Kitti sunglasses, Old Hollywood and Forever 21 rings, Lader watch c/o Larsson + Jennings, Bauble Bar bracelets, Rebecca Minkoff studded cuff bracelet, H and M ear cuff, Thrifted Sam Edelman cowboy boots. Outfit shots by Erica Lavelanet, runway shots by me.
NYC has finally cooled down a bit to give Fashion Week-goers a break, but when I took these photos this past weekend before hitting the Jill Stuart and Mara Hoffman shows (also pictured above), it was still blazing hot out. There's not much I want to wear when battling 90-degree weather, and I guess I expressed that sentiment pretty blatantly when I opted for this super see-through top, tossed over my favorite strappy bralette. To be honest, I really didn't realize how sheer my tank was until I saw these pics, but I've always felt that if you happen to be flat-chested like myself, you never really need to worry about looking slutty because you don't have any cleavage. Or maybe I just always look a little slutty and never realize it... awkward.
Anyway, if you haven't tried the sheer trend on for size, there are way more subtle ways to do it then what I've got going on here. Try out a dress or shirt with sheer panels, for example, or even a tee with mesh inserts. Regardless, a little peek-a-boo detail never hurt anybody, plus it adds some texture to even the most basic look.
Runway image details, shot by me (from top to bottom):
1. Strappy sandals and sleek silhouettes were a staple at Jill Stuart.
2. I loved Jill Stuart's sophisticated take on the classic shirtdress. Check out the full look here.
3. This sundress I snapped during the Jill Stuart finale had me dreaming of summer.
4. A snap from the Mara Hoffman show. Is this not the perfect summer fedora?
5. Obsessed with the hair during the Mara Hoffman show! Part braid, part knot, it's the perfect beachy summer 'do.
6. A touch of rainbow power during the Mara Hoffman finale. The designer played with fun graphics per usual, but toned it down a bit with these vintage-feeling prints. My favorite look from the collection? This jumpsuit. Need it now.