Nifty Thrifty vintage coat (similar here), Jbrand neoprene sweater, Detroit boyfriend jeans c/o Gypsy Warrior, Zara woolen hat, Thrifted necklace, Vistor Hugo Colorblock purse (last seen here), Nine West giraffe-print pumps. Shot by Isaac Lacey.
At the end of fashion week (and, really, for the remainder of the month) all I want to achieve when it comes to getting dressed is ultimate comfort. Which meant it was the perfect time to break out my favorite distressed boyfriend jeans, pair them with a warm sweater and fuzzy vintage coat, and add a few sleek, printed accessories to keep my outfit from appearing too sloppy. I love mixing together different proportions and styles--sleek x baggy, distressed x defined, vintage x designer--and this look pretty much summarizes up that need in one little package.
Below I've also included a few snaps for your viewing pleasure from the Mara Hoffman, Carmen Marc Valvo and Pamella Roland F/W 2015 shows. Mara Hoffman had me dreaming of Southwestern skies and desert getaways, while both CMV and Pamella transported me to far fancier settings, conjuring up images of decadent cocktail parties and lush holiday soirees. Hope you enjoy the pics!
Runway details (shot by me) from top to bottom:
1. A fun, digital print like this one from Mara Hoffman never disappoints.
2. Loved this shaggy, colorful coat on the Mara Hoffman runway.
3. Great patterns and flowing dresses were accompanied by the perfect boho braided updos at Mara Hoffman.
4. Sleek, sparkly veils pulled together a few of the first looks at Pamella Roland.
5. Glam gowns, jumpsuits, and even a feathery wedding dress closed the show at Pamella Roland with a bang.
6. Tartan prints dominated Carmen Marc Valvo's runway, which mixed a hint of prep with a dose of luxe edge.
7. From colorful, patterned furs to decadent textured gowns, the CMV show was rich with sophistication.