Trying to stay merry despite it all.
Plaid midi coat c/o BBDakota, Nicole Miller lace printed sweatshirt (similar here), Moussy cropped jeans, Coach satchel, Maison de Coco riding hat with pom pom (similar here), Aldo suede booties. Shot by Isaac Lacey.
The past few months feel like they've slowly but surely been stomping out my creativity and grinding down my faith in humanity to the core. Perhaps it's the result of the election and the ongoing Trump saga that I still can barely even comprehend. Add to that the continuous carnage in Aleppo, the recent attack in Berlin, the explosion in Mexico and all the other daily conflicts & tragedies I keep reading about daily... let's just say it's hard to stay positive at times like these.
It's also been really hard to blog about seemingly inconsequential shit at the moment, so pardon my recent absence. While I still love curating images for my Instagram, working with different brands and collaborating with other bloggers, I just haven't been in the mindset lately to write a full post.
I've also been caught up this past week with helping organize our #NamastayWarm event, which took place on Monday to benefit The Bowery Mission. We're still waiting to hear how much we raised at the bar, but the next day we had a car-full of donations to bring to the shelter, so that alone was amazing! A huge thanks to everyone who came out to support and do their part to give back. Expect images & updates on my Facebook page soon.
Still looking for your own way to contribute to a great cause? I've listed a few charities below that could really use our help right now. No donation is too small! On that note, Happy Holidays guys. Hope they're surprisingly merry and bright.
SPREAD THE LOVE
A Few Charities to Consider Donating to This Holiday Season
1. International Rescue Committee: helps families who fled Aleppo & other crises
2. GlobalGiving: gives the option to donate to different causes around the world
3. Doctors Without Borders: helps provide medical aid where it's needed most
4. Save The Children: grants medical care to children in Aleppo & other besieged areas
5. The White Helmets: supports brave volunteers on the ground in Aleppo & their families
6. Oxfam America: provides relief, aid and education to poverty-stricken communities
7. American Refugee Committee: dedicates itself to helping people displaced by disasters